Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Improving my photos

Hi, visitor!
Thank you for dropping by my almost-empty-blog! :)

I can't believe I blog now. I used to think of myself as a non-blogger not because I didn't have one (I did have two blogs a long time ago) but because I'm not a very "blogable" person. I mean, I was never good at writing and expressing myself, I take ages to reply to an email, I'm quite lazy.. But here I am..

What did I do today? What have I learnt?

I have a store on Etsy (hint hint ^.^ Please come visit when you have time. I have many special offers!). I opened it recently and I've been struggling with the photos. I have a normal Canon camera that I really liked because of its small size - very convenient for travelling. But when it came to taking good quality close up pictures of my items - it failed! I've tried everything: outside, inside, changing the settings but the photos didn't come out as good as I wanted them to.

This one was taken inside.

This one was taken outside.

These ones are the best I got. I was quite happy but when they were put next to photos of other Etsyans I was so sad and disappointed. So I decided to do some research and I found some links about light boxes. Like this one: inexpensive light tent and that was my project for today's evening. I decided to make a smaller version with some moderation because I don't need such a big one for my jewelry.

In progress..

I haven't finished it because my daughter woke up from her nap when I was making it. I'll finish it and test it tomorrow. Hope it works! Finger-crossed! Will surely post the results!

Good night my first readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment