Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snowball scarf

It has been quite  chilly these days here in Brisbane which is very uncommon for this time of the year. Actually nothing like that happened last few decades but I enjoyed the changes. The weather was perfect for me. I just purchased some yarn from Lincraft (again, went there for some pre-cuts.( For some reason I thought they had Moda, but they didn't.) and came back with more yarn ( I still have a whole drawer of yarn! Is that every crafter's "disease"? stocking up "for later"? :)) ) Anyway, the weather was perfect for some knitting. I have also started a crochet project few weeks ago but it was so hot that my hands sweated and yarn couldn't slide >.< so I dropped it )
And here is Summer's new winter scarf ( :)) )

Snowball from Lincraft. Its soft and fluffy. Perfect fro little ones!

I know, why would I knit a scarf now? Its actually for a cold winter in Hanoi, where we're going to be very soon. This is my first project using "unusual" yarn. It was interesting and quite easy once you get the rule. This baby scarf only took me about 2 hours to make: it's approx. 7cm wide and 50cm long.

I'm thinking of adding a big button to keep the scarf in place. You know how babies are ;)

I liked it so much that I decided to knit a second one for Summer's cousin with the rest of the yarn.


My niece is going to be 4 soon so I made her scarf a bit bigger than Summer's. It's about 12cm wide and 50cm long as well. So one ball of yarn was just perfect for 2 children's scarfs!




No comments:

Post a Comment