Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Charm squares skirt

After 10 days of preparing stock for Handmade Highstreet I finally have time to make something else. I thought of crochet, knitting and some of my other unfinished projects (Yes, I always have 3+ projects in progress because I get bored of doing the same thing over and over again pretty easy *sigh*) So I looked though my craft material and decided to sew. Yay! I had few Moda pre-cuts so I popped on the i-net and searched for something interesting and, of course, simple in Moda Bake Shop (love Moda pre-cuts! They make life of a novice sewer and busy mum like me so much easier!) After a while I found the Polkadot chair's tutorial for this adorable charm squares skirt:

Photo belongs to the Polkadot chair

And this is my dress in progress. I used Amelia charm pack. (sorry for the dark photos, I took them late at night)

very bright colors and flower prints

It's almost finished. Add waistband and elastic and it's done! Oh, I'm actually researching on gathering stitching techniques. I don't know how to do that yet.

I also went to Spotlight to get some fabric for the underskirt and as always I came home with more than I planned to buy :))

I don't know what I'm gonna do with this fabric I just couldn't walk pass these colors!
And some pre-cuts (not Moda). I wish we had a Moda store somewhere around.. 

more skirts and quilts (?) to come.. :) X-mas hooray! 


No comments:

Post a Comment