Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Perfectionism

I finally gave in to the perfectionist in me..

Remember this skirt? Now it's ripped apart..

I followed this tutorial  and used 8 stripes for size 7/8 (I made seams smaller) but I had a chance to try it on a 10 year old and the length was perfectly to the knees which means it will be a bit too long for size 7/8 and I don't like little girls in long skirts very much. I was so upset everytime I walked pass the skirts but I didn't really want to change anything - Christmas is just around the corner and I have so many other things to do but.. aarrghhh! How can I give an imperfect skirt? So the alteration started.. It was a pain.. :)) connecting stitches, serging stitches and top stitches! It took me half an hour to remove the ruffle and one strip. I never use seam reaper thou :)) I prefer the forbidden way - razor :)) It's so much faster! All you need to do is be very careful and use a blunt razor :D


This strip will become a part of this Zig Zag skirt:

90 minutes in the morning 

And a bonus picture of my creative mess:

I need a new bigger cutter ;) 
and the fabrics are becoming a quilt for my nephew :)

That's all for today. Sorry for the bad writing I'm honetsly ready to fall asleep right here right now. I've been waking up at 6am these days to have some crafting time. Good night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment