Saturday, December 17, 2011

"a Walk in the Woods" ruffled jelly roll skirts

Oh my.. time flies when you're busy! I didn't realize that I last blogged 5 days ago! I had crazy days! I couldn't even get close to my laptop or have any time to answer messages on my phone! But I have to find a way since this madness will last few more weeks..

Anyway, I manage to squeeze in some sewing into my busy day! Here are two more jelly roll skirts for my cousins made from "A walk in the woods" jelly roll I received last week. I'm hooked on sewing little girls skirts big time! :))

One bigger and one smaller

Practice gives speed! Now i can whip up a skirt like this in 2 hours! woohoo! And that is with an underskirt! It's not included in the original design by Sewplicity but I find it more comfortable to not have seams rubbing against your legs. Oh, and I also top-stitched all strips to keep seams in place.
Sizing was frustrating thou. I didn't have correct measurements so I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out the right size. 

foxies foxies..

Red Riding Hoods ?

i think Jennifer from Sewplicity could be proud of me :)) Or at least she should be proud of herself for teaching a sewing dummy like me to make these gorgeous skirts ;)

P.S.: Sewingbox is currently having a 48-hours X-mas sale of all Moda pre-cuts. All charm packs are 10$ and Jelly rolls and Layer cakes are 30$. The sale started today so you still have 24 more hours to stock up ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment