Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another quilt (top)

Yes, ladies! I'm making another quilt (top)! I love making quilt tops, I love how separate pieces of fabric turn into a beautiful and interesting quilt (top)! But.. yes, I only love making quilt TOPS! I've only made ONE complete quilt in my life and it was a small baby quilt made with a charm pack and I stitched in the ditch so you can say that I've actually made none of the REAL quilts..

Here it is

 Oh, how proud I was.. This "quilt" was also my first ever sewing project! (sewing lessons in 7th grade can't count, right?)

If you've been with me for some time then you'll know that this new quilt will be my 3rd quilt in process.. Shame on me, I know! BUT! Who doesn't have few unfinished projects hidden somewhere?


This quilt is for my hubby. I'm hoping to finish it for Valentine's Day. Shhh.. don't tell him ;) I'm actually aiming for a lap quilt. This time I'm not gonna be doing anything that's even a bit complicated and time consuming. Just 10"x10" squares sewn together, no batting and just something warm for the backing. Well, at least that's the plan.

I have two different patterns to choose from:

random pattern

organized pattern

Hmmm...which one should I go for?

2 comments:

  1. Great pattern, I'm miss quilting don't seem to have the time for it anymore. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks lovely!
    It seems I have the same problem with quilt tops :) 2 of them are waiting to be quilted.

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete