Tuesday, January 10, 2012

my first rocky road

So I had this sudden crave for white chocolate and we only had some white chocolate melts in the pantry which I didn't really wanted to eat just like that ( oh well, I did eat a few before I found a recipe) I had cake pops in mind - that was why the melts were there but it;s too much trouble having to make cake pops just for the white chocolate. And then I remembered retromummy's recipe for rocky road. Quick and easy enough to make while babysitting at the same time. Plus, I had all the ingredients:


The original recipe is a bit different. I made my rocky road from scratch and added some other things in.. I had some super white melts left from making cake pops for my brother-in-law's birthday. Oooh, I have to show you the photo. I was just so proud of myself :D

You have to love cake pops and Bakerella!

And back to the rocky road.. This is how it looked when wet


And this is how it looked one hour later


Chopped up and ready to eat! Yum!!!


Mine doesn't look as "rocky" as Retromummy's. White chocolate was what I was after. I had thoughts of dropping all the ingredients and make chocolate bars instead :D

So the ingredients I used were:

300gr white chocolate melts
1/2 bag of marshmallows
1/2 chewy lollies chopped up (kids love them. My teeth - don't. So don't think I'm gonna use anything chewy next time)
some shredded coconut
a bit of chocolate chips
a bit of sprinkles

Melt the chocolate following the instruction. Mix with the rest of the ingredients and put in anything with corners. I put it in a plastic container lined with baking paper. Retromummy suggests putting it in the fridge for at least half an hour. I did that but after taking it out it started sweating a lot, esp in this crazy hot weather so next time I'll just leave it outside to harden. Then chop it up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment